God is Taking the City
In 1986, while I was in the state of Oregon preparing to take a group of people out on the street witnessing, I always led the group in prayer asking God, “Where do you want us to go?” While I was in prayer the spirit of intercession came upon me so strong it buckled me to my knees. I began to go into groanings in the spirit and crying. Then I began to shake in the presence of the spirit of God Almighty.Then the Spirit of God began to show me the conditions of the world. He began to show me cities and towns in many locations in the world. I saw every condition of life. I saw despair, hopelessness, sadness, saw the look of pain no words can describe.
The Spirit of God allowed me to experience what they were feeling and going through for a moment.Then, the spirit of intercession intensified. I began to cry violently as I began to see the condition of humanity over and over in my heart. Then I began to groan in the spirit with gut-wrenching pain as though I was giving birth to a baby. Then the Spirit of God Almighty spoke to my heart. He revealed to me his will and his desire for his church. He desires, more than anything, that his church and children will come together in unity. When the church of God comes into unity, it will be like the oil flowing down the beard of Aaron. (Psalm 133:1-2) God revealed to me by his spirit, when the body of Christ walks together in love He WILL give them the cities of the world.
To unite churches for planning and training for mass evangelism to impact their cities where there will be countless outreaches going on throughout the city at the same time. The event will conclude with a kick-off rally in a coliseum where thousands upon thousands will have been trained in evangelism in preparation to inpact the city through various outreachesMedia Campaign:
Creating a powerful media blitz to the city lifting up Jesus on TV, radio, mailings, billboards, etc.
To equip the saints to do the ministry of evangelism as commanded by Jesus who commissioned us to go throughout the world preaching the Gospel.
To teach and establish outreach ministry to reach the lost and destitute in our cities; creating ongoing effectual ministry as established by Jesus to feed, clothe, and care for the lonely, broken, and imprisoned.
To effectively reach every soul in our cities. Creating church growth for the glory of God’s kingdom.
To train the saints in prayer and spiritual warfare to the pulling down of strongholds.
To assure the ongoing success of outreach and evangelism, assuring long-lasting results by practical application of repeated on hand training and experience in each outreach ministry.
To create ways to mobilize each member of a church realizing their position in the Body of Christ.
WRITTEN by Dr. JOAN PEARCE
God is Taking the City
- Trained leaders in every aspect of outreach ministry. (Food, housing, clothing, parks, concerts and every kind of outreach. (2 Timothy 2:2)
- Motivated saints mobilized to evangelize every house in your city with the Gospel. (Ephesians 4: 16)
- New converts from every mode of life trained to go back into the harvest. (Matthew 28:20)
- Effective follow up with every new convert. “You are truly my disciples if you keep obeying my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8: 31-32)
- Organizing team ministry built upon New Testament principles knowing the power of submitting one to another. (Acts 2: 40-47)
- A network of ministries working together with a common vision. (Romans 12: 4- 5)
- Laboring together causing a bond with strong relationships within the church: a family atmosphere. Then the seventy disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, “Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!” (Luke 10: 17)
- Building relationship, uniting the effort for the future. (1 Corinthians 12: 12)
- A continual term church reinforced program for assured long-term church growth. (Colossians 1: 9-10)
Long after the launch of “GOD IS TAKING THE CITY”, the effect of teaching, training, and teamwork will go on and on!
Mission: The mission of the church is to reach the city, to target areas of the city with prayer, and a variety of outreaches.
To establish witnessing teams and ministries to:
- Street and door-to-door
- Teenage hangouts
- In areas of ill reputation
- Market areas
- Phone evangelism
- Phone counseling Hot Line
- Elderly and shut-ins
- Government officals
- Professional athletes
God through the Holy Spirit will give many creative ways to reach the people in each city.
Follow up: (To train saints)
- Discipleship program
- One on one Bible studies
- Home fellowships
- Foundation classes
- Home visitation
- Nursing homes
- First time visitors
What Will "God is Taking the City" do for your Church?
- Continual growth in your church
- More laborers trained in your church
- New leaders trained in your church
- New believers trained to go back into the harvest
- Teamwork, unity, and a bond of love in your church
- Loyalty to each other
- Unity between churches for future activity in your city
The plan of Taking the City
The plan of Taking the City is training up an army of witnesses and prayer warriors to go into the harvest and make disciples. One leads one to Jesus. Now that one new convert has a circle of unsaved friends & relatives, and with the help of the one that led him to Jesus, they can reach others and be training the new convert at the same time.
Long after the launch of God is Taking the City, the effect of teaching, training and teamwork will go on and on!